Shipping & Receiving
Oxnard CA Fulltime
$12- $12.50 DOE
1) Verifies and keeps records on incoming and outgoing shipments and prepares items for shipment: Compares identifying information and counts, weighs, or measures items of incoming and outgoing shipments to verify information against bills of lading, invoices, orders, or other records.
2) Determines method of shipment, utilizing knowledge of shipping procedures, routes, and rates.
3) Affixes shipping labels on packed cartons or stencils identifying shipping information on cartons, using stenciling equipment.
4) Assembles wooden or cardboard containers or selects preassembled containers.
5) Inserts items into containers, using spacers, fillers, and protective padding.
6) Nails covers on wooden crates and binds containers with metal tape, using strapping machine.
7) Stamps, stencils, or glues identifying information and shipping instructions onto crates or containers.
8) Posts weights and shipping charges, and affixes postage.
9) Unpacks and examines incoming shipments, rejects damaged items, records shortages, and corresponds with shipper to rectify damages and shortages.
10) Routes items to departments.
11) Examines outgoing shipments to ensure shipments meet specifications.
12) Maintains inventory of shipping materials and supplies.
13) May operate tier-lift truck or use handtruck to move, convey, or hoist shipments from shipping-and-receiving platform to storage or work area.
14) May direct others in preparing outgoing and receiving incoming shipments.
15) May perform only shipping or receiving activities and be known as Shipping Clerk or Receiving Clerk.
16) May be designated according to specialty as Freight Clerk; Reshipping Clerk.
Please apply 2011 Auto Center Drive, Oxnard, CA 93036 Suite 116
Bring two forms of ID and updated resume, Call 805-485-4606 with any questions
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $12.00 to $12.50 /hour