Thousand Oaks- Fulltime
· Effectively lead assigned inspection personnel in support of daily production objectives
· Accurate interpretation of GD&T per ASME Y14.5 and interface with fellow department inspectors
· Mentor individual inspectors ability in regard to inspection techniques to prescribed accuracy levels
· Warehouse materials process/ handle
· Inventory Control knowledge and experience
· Accurately and thoroughly receive parts through receiving inspection process and then release to stock
· Ability to address priorities under time constraints
· Ability to understand and interpret supplier certifications as required by purchase order and assigned quality clauses
· Completes and ensures inspection documents are kept current to include first article inspections per AS9102
· Conducts conventional inspection to engineering requirements using height gauges, calipers, micrometers, bore gauges, and standard inspection methods
· Knowledge of auto-inspect equipment for mechanical parts (preferred)
· Familiar with AQL sampling
· May manage calibrated equipment
· Ensure incoming deliveries are accurate and stock supply room with new goods
· Rely on instructions and pre-established guidelines/procedures to perform the functions of the job
· Complies with and ensures department compliance with Company health, safety and environmental policies
· Complies with all applicable U.S. export control and security regulations
· Support positive corrective actions and identification of root cause
· Perform and complete internal containment activity of identified non-conformances
· Act as Source Inspector and other duties as required
Technical Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Solid understanding of GD&T per ASME Y14.5 and interface with department inspectors (certification desired)
Ability to operate FARO Inspection Arm
Proficient with operating software CAM2 Measure, Verisurf, and/or PD-DMIS (certification desired)
Strong internal personal skills able to foster productive working relationships
Must be able to simultaneously manage several objectives
Must be detail oriented organized, and self-motivated.
Ability to handle complex situations and solve complex problems
Ability to work effectively under pressure to meet deadlines
Knowledge of Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) a plus
Individual may be required to sit, stand, walk regularly and occasionally lift 0-30 pounds
Knowledge of Six Sigma, lean principles and other process improvement tools a plus
Have knowledge of J Standard-001 for solder
Have knowledge of IPC-A-610
Have knowledge of IPC-A-620
Ability to work in a team environment with strong communication skills (verbal & written), ability to interact via telephone & email with co-workers & suppliers
Education: High school diploma or general education degree (GED), equivalent from a vocational school or one (1) to three (3) years related experience and/or training.
Minimum of five (5) plus years related experience in inspecting electro-mechanical and components utilizing mechanical inspection and automated tools.
Experience in an electro-mechanical or system integrator manufacturing environment a plus.
Minimum of five (5) years in an aerospace quality assurance environment
Minimum of five (5) years setting up and running CMM’s using CAM2 Measure (Verisurf and/or PC-DMIS is a plus).
Solid understanding of surface plate layout and inspection methods
Solid understanding in the use of inspection hand and bench inspection tools/instruments (gage pins, bore gages, micrometer, optical comparator, profilometer, height gage, dial indicator, caliper, angle irons, sine plate,
Understanding of special processes, NDT inspections, Paint/Anodize/Cadmium, Heat Treat, Solder, etc.
Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook and ERP System.
Please apply 2011 Auto Center Drive, Oxnard CA 93036 Suite 116
Bring 2 forms of ID and updated resume, call 805-485-4606 with any questions
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $25.00 to $28.00 /hour