Departments: 29, 30, 32, 34, 35, 36, 37 Revision: A
Job Grade: H-01 Revision Date: 11/4/10
Reports To: Production Supervisor
Overview: Fabricates insulation for aerospace and commercial contracts
Responsibilities: The essential functions of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
1. Cuts, hand wraps and/or folds various insulation materials.
2. Assembles/finishes various materials in form tools/dies.
3. Applies various chemicals/materials onto insulation.
4. Prepares vacuum bags for oven curing, as required.
5. Trims various materials (metal, fiberglass insulation, etc.).
6. Welds and forms facesheets, as required.
7. Additional responsibilities and projects, as assigned.
8. Must comply with all company policies, procedures and safety rules.
Education, Skills and Experience Requirements:
• Ability to read Manufacturing Orders in English with some assistance
• Ability to learn how to use hand tools required for fabrication
• Ability to learn how to use equipment required for fabrication such as the oven and vacuum systems
• Ability to input labor and inventory transactions
• Ability to perform fine hand manipulation on parts
• Ability to become weld certified, as required
• Detailed oriented and have the ability to multi-task
Ability to work a 5/40 work week, maintain regular attendance and be available to work overtime, if needed
Physical and Mental Requirements:
Requirements % Requirements Yes/No Requirements Yes/No
Sitting 25% Hand Manipulation Yes Mathematics Yes
Walking 10% Reaching Yes Reading Yes
Standing 50% Grasping Yes Verbal Yes
Bending 5% Visual Yes Written Yes
Kneeling 5% Auditory Yes Reasoning Yes
Lifting* 5% Driving No
*Lifting - Must be able to lift items weighing up to 30 pounds, with assistance if needed
Must be able to wear personal protective equipment according to IIPP-B01
Working Environment: Manufacturing environment
Equipment Used: J-7 pliers, scissors, calipers, ruler, Stanley blades, xacto knives, hammer, carts, squeegees
Please apply at our office - 2011 Auto Center Dr. Suite #116, Oxnard ,CA. Bring 2 forms of ID.