- A Heavy Equipment Mechanic is primarily responsible for the upkeep and maintenance of heavy equipment.
- A Heavy Equipment Mechanic is primarily responsible to fix any heavy equipment that might break down.
- A Heavy Equipment Mechanic primary objective is to follow the instructions given to him by the shop foreman.
A Heavy Equipment Mechanic repairs and adjusts hydraulic pumps, safety valves, and load packers on garbage and dump trucks. The Heavy Equipment Mechanic is expected to attend special training and familiarization workshops dealing with innovations in heavy equipment operations, repairs, and maintenance. The Heavy Equipment Mechanic inspects repairs and adjusts diesel power units, hydraulic systems, injection valves and systems, mold boards, and scarifies on road graders. He must also inspect, adjust and repair gasoline and diesel tractors, and hydraulic and cable operated attachments on tractors. The Heavy Equipment Mechanic repairs and maintains trenching machines and sets proper grade.
hese are the qualifications that we are looking for:
- Engine Heads – remove and replace
- Timing Belts
- Diagnostic skills and perform trouble shooting repairs
- Must have a valid CA Driver’s License
- Ability to work independently
- Desired Class A License
- Must have own tools (although some will be provided in shop)
Must have 7 yrs prior experience
Please apply 2011 Auto Center Drive, Oxnard, CA 93036 Suite 116
Bring two forms of ID and updated resume
Call 805-485-4606 with questions