Port Hueneme, CA
To dimensionally inspect all standard and complex castings, fixtures, and core assemblies following blueprint specifications by laying out reference lines, points, measuring dimensions, etc., operating all required inspection equipment, under minimum supervision, consistent with established standards of quality and quantity.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS/DUTIES
· Organizes all equipment, materials, fixtures, measuring devices, etc. necessary to complete assigned job and checks all documentation (blueprints, travelers, customer records, engineering change requests, special instructions, etc.) to help ensure best possible results.
· Prepare for layouts by properly positioning and adjusting castings on worktable or rotab.
· Analyses castings of all complexities to determine the process for checking blueprint dimensions.
· Performs casting layouts by using scriber to scribe lines on castings and verifies feature positions and shapes using precision measuring equipment to determine if existing dimensions meet blueprint specifications.
· Performs Target, Machining, Inspection or Core Assembly Fixture dimensional inspections using height gages, precision hand gages, dial indicators or computerized coordinate measuring machines to verify dimensional accuracy to casting drawing.
· Hosts or co-hosts customer representatives from Quality Engineering and /or Purchasing in detailed review of dimensional inspection reports.
· Complete dimensional discrepancy reports, layout reports, engineering lists, customer forms, etc. and reviews with Engineers, Department Supervisors or Pattern Making personnel.
· Performs routine maintenance and minor repair of department equipment and contacts Supervisor for major problems and repairs.
· Acquire additional certifications and credentials as required for work or career development
· Maintain a clean, organized work area
· Comply with all safety, DOT, HAZMAT and environmental policies and procedures
· Ability to work overtime
· Work on/participate in special projects as needed or assigned by Management
· Education: High school diploma or equivalent required
· Experience: 10 years of experience
· Certifications/Licenses: Preferable
· Other Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities: N/A
· Working Environment: Indoor working environment within various areas of a foundry facility
· Required PPE: PPE varies throughout the plant, check with area Supervisor to ensure proper PPE is being used
· Safety Glasses: Needed in all areas of the plant
· Steel toe shoes: Needed in all areas of the plant
Please apply 2011 Auto Center Drive, Suite #116 Oxnard, CA 93036
Bring 2 forms of ID, updated resume
Call 805-485-4606 with any questions