Thousand Oaks, CA
Basic function is to receive and inspect parts for delivery of electro-mechanical parts or components to the stockroom using inspection tools.
• Effectively lead assigned inspection personnel in support of daily production objectives
• Accurate interpretation of GD&T per ASME Y14.5 and interface with fellow department inspectors
• Mentor individual inspectors ability in regard to inspection techniques to prescribed accuracy levels
• Warehouse materials process/ handle
• Inventory Control knowledge and experience
• Accurately and thoroughly receive parts through receiving inspection process and then release to stock
• Ability to address priorities under time constraints
• Ability to understand and interpret supplier certifications as required by purchase order and assigned quality clauses
• Completes and ensures inspection documents are kept current to include first article inspections per AS9102
• Conducts conventional inspection to engineering requirements using height gauges, calipers, micrometers, bore gauges, and standard inspection methods
• Knowledge of auto-inspect equipment for mechanical parts (preferred)
Technical Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Solid understanding of GD&T per ASME Y14.5 and interface with department inspectors (certification desired)
• Ability to operate FARO Inspection Arm
• Proficient with operating software CAM2 Measure, Verisurf, and/or PD-DMIS (certification desired)
• Strong internal personal skills able to foster productive working relationships
• Must be able to simultaneously manage several objectives
• Must be detail oriented organized, and self-motivated.
• Ability to handle complex situations and solve complex problems
• Ability to work effectively under pressure to meet deadlines
• Knowledge of Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) a plus
• Individual may be required to sit, stand, walk regularly and occasionally lift 0-30 pounds
• Knowledge of Six Sigma, lean principles and other process improvement tools a plus
Education: High school diploma or general education degree (GED), equivalent from a vocational school or one (1) to three (3) years related experience and/or training.
• Minimum of five (5) plus years related experience in inspecting electro-mechanical and components utilizing mechanical inspection and automated tools.
• Experience in an electro-mechanical or system integrator manufacturing environment a plus.
• Minimum of five (5) years in an aerospace quality assurance environment
• Minimum of five (5) years setting up and running CMM’s using CAM2 Measure (Verisurf and/or PC-DMIS is a plus).
• Solid understanding of surface plate layout and inspection methods
• Solid understanding in the use of inspection hand and bench inspection tools/instruments (gage pins, bore gages, micrometer, optical comparator, profilometer, height gage, dial indicator, caliper, angle irons, sine plate,
• Understanding of special processes, NDT inspections, Paint/Anodize/Cadmium, Heat Treat, Solder, etc.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook and ERP System.
Please apply 2011 Auto Center Drive, Oxnard, CA 93033 Suite 116
Bring 2 forms of ID, and updated resume
Call 805-485-4606 with any questions