The Sr. Production Supervisor – Injection Molding is expected to optimize the molding process and the productivity of the workforce to satisfy internal and external customers with the highest quality product at a reasonable price and on time. This highly visible position is ideal for the production professional who is seeking an opportunity to contribute to the success of an industry leader.
- Trains employees in company policies and procedures, and in the proper and safe use of equipment and tools
- Directs and mentors workforce to accomplish company objectives and goals
- Documents and reports production and personnel data as required
- Utilizes visual factory concepts to maximize asset utilization and plant performance
- Make recommendations to improve operations and efficiency, and reduce cost
- Builds the capability of maintenance technicians
- Tracks standard manufacturing and warehouse measures
- Stays up-to-date on new processes, equipment, and industry practices
- Reviews all reports within responsibility area on periodic bases. Makes decisions to release, firm, cancel, or defer work based upon current inventory, demand, capacity, and material availability, and responsible for maintaining appropriate inventory levels.
- Develop an understanding of customers’ needs, and take actions to ensure that such needs are met.
- Manage the logistical aspects of product life cycles, including coordination or provisioning of samples, and the minimization of obsolescence.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Prior supervisory experience in a manufacturing environment
- Must possess strong verbal and written communication skills, excellent interpersonal and motivational skills, effective team building skills, proven ability to deliver results, strong ability to multi-task and prioritize, and the ability to effectively manage conflict, and maintain strong employee relations.
- Effective PC skills required (Microsoft Office)
- Prior knowledge or experience in Lean Manufacturing would be beneficial
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including early mornings, evening, and/or weekends.
- Lean manufacturing experience preferred, but not required.
- Five plus years’ experience in the plastic injection molding industry is preferred.
- Ability to work in a constant state of alertness and safe manner
Work involves exposure to unusual elements, such as extreme temperatures, and/or loud noises. Considerable physical activity requires heavy physical work including heavy lifting, pushing, or pulling of objects up to 50 pounds.
Please apply 2011 Auto Center Drive, Oxnard CA 93036
Bring 2 forms of ID, updated resume
Call 805-485-4606 with any questions