An industry leading manufacturer of rotary forged, flow formed and machined products for the automotive, defense, aerospace and alternative energy markets. As a fully integrated contract manufacturing business, all process steps are completed on site in AST’s 100,000 sq. ft. facility.
The ideal candidate will have a technical background and experience in a CNC machining environment with a strong understanding of tooling concepts and machining processes. The machining department is comprised of approximately 25 CNC Lathes and Mills including a fully automated robotic cell. This individual must be a self-motivated, focused and organized team player, who will be responsible to supervise approximately 30 employees in the performance of their machining duties.
● Manage day to day operations of machining department.
● Setting and managing daily priorities and productivity within the machine shop.
● Coordinate with Manufacturing Engineering department on new product development and implementation into production.
● Coordinate with Quality Assurance department to ensure inspection criteria are established and being followed.
● Willing and able to assist in the training of operators/machinists as necessary.
● Must be able to motivate, provide leadership and create a team environment.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
● Able to understand complex mechanical drawings and tolerances.
● Ability to manage and prioritize a high number of set-ups and short run jobs.
● Develop set-up sheets and CNC program retention process for all jobs.
● Ability to develop and implement systems and procedures as they relate to process development, process flow, quality assurance and work order documentation.
● Ability to institute process and procedural improvements in a machine shop environment is critical.
● Minimum 10 yrs. experience in the CNC machining industry, preferably in the metal Fabrication industry.
● Possess a technical degree or equivalency.
Please apply 2011 Auto Center Drive, Oxnard, CA 93036
Bring 2 forms of ID, and updated resume
Call 805-485-4606 with any questions