Seeking an Industrial Controls Electrician for a great opportunity in Ventura County. The ideal candidate should have a minimum of 7 years in an industrial/controls environment, have excellent communication skills (bilingual English/Spanish a plus), and be motivated to continue learning and growing with the company.
- Assembly and panel building for machine control.
- Assembly will include electrical, pneumatics and hydraulics of various schematics as required by each automated machine.
Essential Job Functions
- Read and understand schematic diagrams.
- Should have a good understanding of UL 508 panel building requirements
- Utilizes knowledge of electrical wiring standards.
- Debug systems with mechanical assembly and controls engineers.
- Troubleshoot and repair electrical machine failures.
- Perform final system check out with full understanding of what the item does / is supposed to do.
- Coordinate workflow for best practices, efficiency and cost.
- Identify and recommend improvements to upgrade equipment.
- Uses analytical thinking to understand the controls assembly and end-product assembly processes.
- Keeps work area organized.
- Willing to engage in ongoing education and is interested in continuous improvement.
- Creates reports as directed by shop supervisor.
- Work effectively as a team leader, providing guidance, training and discipline as needed.
- Coordinate with engineering, production, and purchasing departments to assure build meets specs, budget, and delivery schedule.
- Must have at least 7 years of experience in wiring control panels (panel building)
- Can read electrical, pneumatics, and hydraulic drawings and schematics
- Experience with Circuit design -- Control panel assembly - relays, contactors, fuses, switches, lights, motors, thermocouples, transformers etc
- Must have a basic working knowledge of NFPA Electrical Code and a solid understanding of electrical theory
- Experience with gas fired control systems a plus
- Have a working knowledge of relay logic, three phase power, and ohms law
- Experience with PLC programming and troubleshooting - as well as experience with HMI’s
- Very good attention to detail, works efficiently and is always mindful of quality
- Must have a positive attitude and foster a team environment
- Must be willing to learn from experienced personnel during a thorough training period
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are required
- Must speak, read and write English – bi-lingual is a plus (Spanish)
- Must possess the required tools
- Must be able to lift 40 pounds properly
- Must be willing to work overtime as needed
- Must be able to work well with minimal supervision
- Must demonstrate respect for peers, subordinates, supervisors and customers
- Must be able to understand and follow instructions
- Must fully understand and adhere to maintenance, safety, and quality processes and procedures
- Must be able to maintain a good attendance record
- Ability to estimate completion time of tasks, follow through on tasks to completion and maintain attention to detail
- Strong leadership and project management capabilities
- U.S. Citizenship or U.S. Permanent Resident status
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record
- Valid US Passport, or ability to attain
Please apply 2011 Auto Center Drive, Oxnard, CA 93036 Suite 116
Bring 2 forms of ID and updated resume
Call 805-485-4606 with any questions