Engineering Planner / Process Designer
Salary Range: $52-62K DOE
The candidate will learn about product offerings and use ERP software to set up bills of materials and workshop routers. The planner will estimate costs for new products and special fabrication products, as well as maintain the BOM and router database for existing product lines.
Main tasks include, but are not limited to:
- ERP: product planning, product costs, product development.
- Interacting with various shop personnel, and performing time studies at various work centers for costing purposes.
- Interface with the sales department for customer quotations of special products.
Supporting tasks include, but are not limited to:
- Creation of basic CAD drawings to support new and existing product lines.
- Develop shop procedures, and work instructions, as well as assist in manufacturing fixturing.
- Various other tasks assigned by the Engineering Manager
- Ability to comprehend the requirements of creation of customer product CAD models.
- Ability to read and interpret technical specifications, and engineering drawings.
- Computer literate with good working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Good English reading/writing skills.
· QAD ERP Software Experience highly preferred, but willing to accept someone without experience, as long as the candidate is able to learn and adapt new software programs quickly and efficiently.
· CAD: Familiarity and/or proficiency with AutoCAD.
· 4-Year College Diploma, BS or equivalent, or in-process of acquiring degree.