Client is seeking a results-oriented, talented and professionally experienced individual with a passion for sourcing, negotiating, reducing costs and building relationships with reliable suppliers. The Purchasing Supervisor will be responsible for leading a team of buyers to execute company guidelines and support best product /best price practice in a verycompetitive retail/wholesale market.
In this position, the selected candidate will:
- Train, supervise and evaluate performance for retention of staff.
- Establish and maintain clear and effective purchasing procedures and policies.
- Communicate effectively with management, purchasing/planning teams , interdepartmental customers and suppliers. Communications must be efficient and timely to keep all informed of issues and pertinent activities that affect the supply chain and the ability to meet or exceed customer expectations.
- As a member of a work team, must exercise personal initiative and be a team player at the same time. Willing and able to coordinate and cooperate with a variety of customers, suppliers and colleagues.
- Source and negotiate procurement of product in order to achieve cost reductions while maintaining acceptable levels of product quality based on established product specifications.
Other responsibilities include:
- Take into consideration current inventory, sales trends, supply chain and customer needs when deciding what to buy from suppliers.
- Review planned order reports each week and place required PO’s for assigned product lines.
- Follow up and confirm vendor metrics (price, QTY, and delivery date compliance etc.)
- Utilize and follow up on action message reports (expedite/de-expedite/cancel/past-due) to insure timely delivery of supply chain.
- Request, confirm and track supplier prepaid deposits and balance payments.
- Maintain notes and data integrity within ERP system to ensure accurate visibility of information
- Identify and resolve any issues relative to the timely delivery of product and/or services that impact the supply chain or customer service.
- Perform and follow up on all AD-HOC requirements as they pertain to the purchasing function.
- 5 years experience purchasing in similar environment
- Organized and detail oriented.
- 3 Years experience with ERP systems such as QAD, SAP or similar software.
- Ability to work with all levels of employees
- Excellent communication, negotiating and sourcing skills
- Computer proficiency, especially excel
- Must be able to handle a variety of tasks in a fast-paced environment