FT, Temp-Hire, Mon-Fri, 1st shift, $22/hr. $DOE
Repairs and maintains machinery, plumbing, electrical and physical structures of the Company
The essential functions of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
1. Modifies, repairs, installs, maintains, improves, and troubleshoots various types of machinery, equipment, and facilities in the manufacturing departments.
2. Diagnoses mechanical problems, provides quick and innovative solutions for mechanical equipment breakdowns by applying proven skills in the principles of mechanics, fitting, plumbing, basic welding, metal fabrication, machining, troubleshooting, and analytical problem solving.
3. Operates a mill, lathe, drill press, grinder, saws, and all other machine shop tools.
4. Sets-up, takes-down, and relocates process and manufacturing equipment.
5. Frequently modifies manufacturing and process equipment for new products.
6. Performs preventative maintenance, and safety inspections.
7. Provides solutions to routine or unique equipment problems.
8. Promptly responds to equipment related issues in a customer oriented manner.
9. Diagnoses and repairs electrical problems to include process instrumentation/control systems, 120-480 volt systems, variable speed drives, and PLC related issues.
10. Independently identifies and repairs equipment issues within assigned area with minimal supervision.
11. Additional responsibilities and projects, as assigned.
12. Complies with all company policies, procedures and safety rules.
Education, Skills and Experience Requirements:
- Minimum 6 years plumbing, electrical, and carpentry experience
- Ability to read, interpret, and implement schematic, wiring diagrams, and mechanical drawings
- Skilled in electronic testing, troubleshooting, and fault identification
- Must be thoroughly familiar with all properties of equipment and machines to run them safely and efficiently
- Language ability includes reading, writing, spelling, and the ability to communicate clearly on technical topics in the English language
- The ability to perform product testing and basic troubleshooting
- The ability to identify wiring and component coding by color
- Must be flexible to work Shift Work (days, afternoons, nights)
- Excellent knowledge of Health & Safety and Lockout Procedures
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
- Ability to drive forklift and be safety certified by the Company
- Provide a valid CDL and safely drive Company vehicles
Candidate must pass hair sample drug screen.