Java Programmer Position Summary:
Responsible for the design, development, maintenance and enhancement of financial web applications in a J2EE environment. Provide technical support to the department and its members.
- Defines technical requirements for applications and performs analysis and design in the context of full life cycle systems development.
- Develops object oriented, flexible, scalable and extensible Java components.
- Tests software changes in accordance with department and generally accepted standards.
- Maintains required documentation including Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC) documentation.
- Provides input in team based solutions, design, and problem solving activities.
- Develops test plans/scripts and coordinates unit/integration testing with business teams.
- Provides user and production operational support for systems.
- Proposes and implements improvements to existing applications, processes and technology platform solutions.
- Performs other duties as assigned or requested.
- Adheres to the Bank's attendance policies through regular and prompt attendance.
- Requires following vaguely defined procedures. Decisions are consistently made within reason and
- affect the work group or department.
Java Programmer Job Specifications:
- Bachelor's degree
- 1-3 years of related work experience
- Basic Analytical Skills
- Knowledge of complex and diversified procedures, practices, and policies
- Knowledge of complex procedures and practices of a specific function
- Proficiency with complex business machines (computers, etc.)
- Ability to perform involved, independent research and creative work
- Skill in operating business machines
- Specialized, technical skills
- Thorough understanding of a scientific discipline (for example, economics, management, computer science)
- Employees typically sit most of the day, work with a computer and may answer/respond to phoen calls. Physical movement consists of walking for meetings, breaks, etc. Ability to lift items weighing approximatley 20 pounds on a limited basis is required. Employees may be required to travel by car/air.
Complexity of Challenges:
Requires following vaguely defined procedures.
Decisions are consistently made within reason and affect the work group or department.
Problem Solving Skills:
Individual innovation: Requires working on projects individually rather than as part of a group, motivating self rather than taking direction from someone else.
Logical analysis: Requires thinking through and solving problems step by step, often looking beyond the obvious solution to a problem and digging deeper for the best solution.
NOTE: Applicants must be at a minimum U.S. citizens or lawful permanent resident aliens with at least three or more years of U.S. residency from the date of legal entry to the U.S.