The Manufacturing Manager along with the Engineering Lead/Manager is responsible for driving New Business, Value Pricing and Productivity within the Product Line. The Manufacturing Manager is responsible for Product Line production, procurement, planning, productivity, costing and safety.
Direct reports may include: Manufacturing Engineering, Planners, Buyers, Manufacturing Supervisors, Manufacturing Leads, and Direct Labor Machinists/Assemblers/Test Technicians. Manages and has primary responsibility for the safe and efficient operation of the areas assigned.
Manufacturing Manager essential functions of the position include, but are not limited to:
- Organizing production activities to support on-time, quality shipments that meet customer expectations.
- Actively participating in evaluation of new customer/new business opportunities
- Supporting concurrent engineering activities to drive New Business growth
- Utilizing in-house and outside resources to provide accurate product costing to support New Business
- Leading the effort to meet department cost reduction targets.
- Organizing and assigning work to ensure effective use of manpower and facilities.
- Maintaining required quality levels and adherence to AS9100 manufacturing standards. Supporting root cause analysis of quality issues. Responsible for implementing corrective actions.
- Ensuring planners and buyers work to release work orders and purchase orders that balance lead time and inventory goals.
- Identifying and correcting conditions detrimental to safety or health or that might adversely affect employees, the facilities, equipment or productivity levels.
- Insuring good housekeeping/5S practices within the department.
- Interviewing, hiring, training and evaluating manufacturing employees. Ensure adherence to company policies and regulations.
- Handling employee complaints.
- Executing applicable provisions of the labor agreement and maintaining good employee relations.
- Keeping current on operating techniques and maintaining complete working knowledge of job descriptions for areas supervised; recommend necessary changes.
- Maintaining equipment, tools, and supplies; keeping current on new developments; recommending acquisition or replacement. Participate in the selection and justification of capital equipment.
Education & Experience:
Bachelor’s degree in a technical field or equivalent related manufacturing experience. Five or more years related manufacturing experience.
Must have good oral, written communications and have a high level of moral and ethical codes.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to stand, use hands and fingers to handle or feel objects, tools or controls. The employee frequently is required to walk, bend, stoop, kneel, or crouch and reach with hands and arms, climb or balance.
Must occasionally lift up to 25 pounds.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.